Astra Schedule FAQs
Below are some frequently asked questions (FAQ) about Astra Schedule. If you have any additional questions, contact OCM Software Help.
Room Requestors FAQs
Room requestors can use online electronic event request forms for efficient event management.
How do I request a room? Can I request rooms for an event with multiple dates?
Use the “Event request video tutorial” (2:52 min) [http://youtu.be/Tm14qMW1aLc] or the event request printable guide (PDF) [http://www.classroom.umn.edu/docs/astra_schedule_guide.pdf] for instructions on requesting an event.
Which event request form do I use?
UMN has a decentralized scheduling structure and many departments manage various collections of rooms. The Astra event request forms are named for the departments that manage specific rooms and the event request forms are limited to the rooms that the department manages. The department name on the form is not related to the department that you the requestor may be associated with.
How do I know which room is associated with which form?
How do I check on the status of my event request or view my requested events?
Use the “View & manage room requests video tutorial” (4:04 min) [http://youtu.be/rVOyIt_6vN8] for instructions on how to check on the status of your requested events.
I created an event request, but I don't see it in Astra.
Astra Schedule will automatically email you if the event request was successfully submitted to Astra. This is not an event reservation confirmation. If this email does not arrive in your inbox within 15 minutes, the event request was not successfully submitted to Astra. Please resubmit your request.
I started to create an event in Astra, but don't have time to finish it. Can I save an incomplete form?
How do I cancel or change an event request?
It is not possible for you to cancel or change your event request through the Astra Schedule software once it has been submitted. You must contact the room schedulers directly:
- For events in General Purpose Classrooms, please submit any event cancelations or changes to: email@example.com
- For events in departmental rooms, please contact the department directly
How do I find a Twin Cities General Purpose Classroom (GPC)?
GPC can be found multiple ways depending on what information you are looking for.
- To request an event in GPC rooms, log into Astra Schedule and click on the ‘request event’ link located on the home page. The "Event Request Wizard" will load. Select the form "Twin Cities General Purpose Classrooms."
- For information on the full Twin Cities GPC inventory, visit the Room Search.
- To see a grid calendar for GPC, click the "Calendars" tab and select "Scheduling Calendars." Above the calendar grid, find the drop-down menu entitled "calendar." Select "View-Only Twin Cities General Purpose Classrooms." Once the calendar loads, find the drop menu to the right of the calendar drop-down menu entitled "filter." Select your desired building from the drop-down menu and the calendar view will change to your desired information.
The Scheduling Calendar view options take a long time to load on my computer. What can I do to make the calendars load faster?
If you experience calendar load times in excess of one minute, clear the browser history of your primary browser or use a secondary browser when using Astra.
How do I change my default settings so that my desired campus is the only calendar I see?
Requestors are currently unable to designate default filter settings on the scheduling calendars.
I tried to log in to Astra Schedule but my login attempt was not successful. How can I gain access to Astra?
If your Internet ID does not currently exist in Active Directory, you will not be able to login. To add yourself to Active Directory, do the following:
- Go to this UMN OIT webpage: http://www.oit.umn.edu/accounts/
- Click on the ‘Manage Account’ link & login
- Once you are on the ‘Internet Account Options’ page, go to the ‘Other Accounts’ section
- Select ‘Active Directory Account Options’
I added myself to Active Directory and I still cannot log into Astra Schedule. What do I do now?
If you are a student and have data suppression designated for your address, this includes your email address. Astra Schedule uses your email address to provide your unique user login to the software. If that data is suppressed, Astra cannot authenticate your login with Active Directory.
To remove the data suppression on your account, do the following:
- Go to the UMN One Stop website: http://onestop.umn.edu/
- On the right hand column entitled ‘Quick Links’ find the section for ‘Student record tools’; click on the link for ‘personal information’ & login
- On the ‘Personal Information’ menu, select ‘Directory Suppression’
- On the ‘Address’ line, select ‘Publish’ and click ‘Submit changes’
How do I turn off the ‘Secure Content’ warning in Internet Explorer?
If you see this screen, follow the instructions below:
- Go to Tools > Internet
- Go to Options > Security tab. Make sure the “Internet Zone” is selected.
- Click the custom level button. Look for the item “Display mixed content” and change the setting from “Prompt” to “Enable.”