Click on any of the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) below to see the answer and additional troubleshooting tips regarding common classroom questions.
If you are trying to access a classroom during the standard classroom hours of operation or have a scheduled activity the door should not be locked. Some classrooms have rigid door handles that require the user to push on the door to open it.
If you have attempted pushing the door and are still unable to gain access to the classroom, please call the Classroom Support Hotline at 612-625-1086.
The quantity and setup of classroom furniture is based on several factors, including capacity requirements/limitations as well as building and fire codes. We are not able to alter the quantity of furniture in our classrooms, as our furniture inventory is limited to the items permanently placed in classrooms. The availability of extra furniture includes only enough for repairing damaged items.
If you find the room furniture inadequate or have specific needs, please contact the Office of Classroom Management scheduling department at email@example.com to arrange for a different room.
For ADA or special needs: We want to make sure we meet your needs with the appropriate classroom furniture. With this in mind, if you have an ADA or special needs request, we encourage you to register through the Disability Resource Center on campus, who can make a request for the appropriate furniture on your behalf.
If your classroom is low on markers, chalk, erasers, or batteries, please contact our Classroom Support Hotline at 612-625-1086 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We will replenish the supply within the next two days.
If the markers are starting to run dry and the new marker dispenser on the wall is empty, you can "refresh the marker" by placing the cap on tightly and setting the marker tip side down. The ink will flow into the tip and allow you to continue using them until the dispenser is refilled. Please also report this situation to the Hotline.
If your classroom is completely out of markers, chalk, erasers, or batteries and you need one or more of these items to continue with instruction, please call the Classroom Support Hotline at 612-625-1086 and we will send additional supplies to your classroom as soon as possible.
First, look again in the classroom you were in. Items are often left in the room. While the University of Minnesota does not have a centralized Lost and Found, you can contact the Facilities Management (FM) Call Center at 612-624-2900. If a custodian finds the item in a classroom, he or she will most likely return it to the FM office.
The following campus buildings have their own Lost and Found:
- Coffman Memorial Union: The Information Desk serves as Coffman's Lost and Found. Items are held for two weeks from the day turned in. You can either visit the Information Desk or call 612-624-INFO to inquire about a lost item.
- Folwell Hall: Room 320, the German, Scandinavian, and Dutch department serves as Folwell's Lost and Found location. You can visit their room or call 612-626-2080 to inquire about a lost item.
- Robert H. Bruininks Hall (BruH): The Helping U desk on the 3rd Floor serves as the BruH Lost and Found. Items are held for one month from the day turned in. You can visit the Helping U desk, or contact One Stop at 612-624-1111 or email@example.com to inquire about a lost item.
- West Bank Buildings: The Facilities Management West Bank Office serves as the West Bank's Lost and Found. You can visit the office (57 Heller Hall) or call 612-624-7831 to inquire about a lost item.
- Carlson School of Management: The Carlson School Mail room serves as the Carlson School's Lost and Found. You can visit the mail room (L-142) or call 612-625-1340 to inquire about a lost item.
- St. Paul Student Center: The Information Desk serves as the St. Paul Student Center's Lost and Found. Items are held for two weeks from the day turned in. You can visit the Information Desk or call 612-625-9794 to inquire about a lost item.
If none of the above work, you could also try calling a departmental office at the building in which you lost the item.