Schedule a Classroom
Astra Schedule is the software used to reserve general purpose and departmental classroom space for events and courses throughout the University of Minnesota campus system. It can also be used to view classroom schedules.
Using Astra Schedule
To request use of space for an event follow these steps:
- Clicking on “Request an Event” on the Astra Schedule homepage
- Choose the “Twin Cities General Purpose Classrooms” request form to request general purpose classrooms.
- Choose the department specific Twin Cities request form to request department classrooms.
View the quick start guide for additional step-by-step instructions on requesting a classroom for an event.
What are General Purpose Classrooms?
- Designed to meet the teaching and learning needs of a broad range of academic programs, and to support the entire University community.
- Also called "central" or "centrally-scheduled" classrooms, these rooms are supported and maintained by the Office of Classroom Management.
- Designated as use code 110 in the University Space Management System.
What are Departmental Classrooms?
- Designed to meet the specific and more specialized needs of a given department or program (e.g., studios, class labs, special use classrooms).
- Scheduled, controlled, and maintained by the individual department to whom the room is assigned.
- Designated as use code 120 in the University Space Management System