November 17, 2011
Are others asking about the new class scheduling policy?
If others in your department are curious or confused about the new class scheduling policy, you may direct them to the new class scheduling policy summary and FAQ. The following information might also be helpful to share:
- The new policy was developed using the principle of the fair-use of resources. It aims to:
- reduce classroom demand for certain days and times
- increase scheduling flexibility for departments
- ensure reasonable class access for students
- There is no requirement to schedule classes at a particular time, just that they need to be more evenly distributed throughout the day and week
- The Class Scheduling Distribution Summary is a tool that illustrates the class demand of a department or college. Anybody with an Internet ID and password can access the tool.
ECS period 1 open for fall 2012 (1129) and spring 2013 (1133)
Electronic Course Scheduling (ECS) in PeopleSoft is available for fall 2012 (1129) and spring 2013 (1133) class schedule production. Remember to delete any course sections in ECS that have rolled forward but will not be taking place during either term. You can delete courses/sections in ECS by clicking on the minus (-) button on the Basic Data panel of “Maintain Schedule of Classes” in ECS.
The following resources for scheduling courses are available to you:
How to find the Class Scheduling Distribution Summary
The Class Scheduling Distribution Summary can be found under “Scheduling Tools” in the right navigation on the Scheduling Unit website. Anyone with an Internet ID and password can access this tool, so feel free to share it with colleagues.
Final exam scheduling: Nearing the end
Fall 2011 final exam scheduling is in the home stretch (you can follow the progress here)! As a reminder, final exams for classes that meet in departmental space will need to be scheduled within the department.The Office of Classroom Management scheduling team only schedules final exams for classes that meet in general purpose classrooms.
Upcoming important dates
Add the Schedule/Course Guide Production Calendar to your Google calendar. With this new option, you can be certain that important scheduling dates are always at hand.
- December 1 - Final class schedule for May/summer 2012 (1125) posted to One Stop
- December 1 - May/summer 2012 (1125) ECS period 3 begins
- December 16-22 - Fall 2011 final exam period
- January 13, 2012 - Spring 2012 (1123) reserved seats released
If you still have questions about scheduling, you can contact the scheduling team in the Office of Classroom Management at email@example.com.
For ECS questions, contact the Student Records Training & Support Team at 612-625-2803 or firstname.lastname@example.org.