Laptop projection carts
(For printable instructions, click here.)
Because of limitations in classroom infrastructure, it is sometimes difficult to install classroom technology that meets the projection-capable classroom standard. To bring these rooms as close to the standard as possible, a laptop projection cart has been installed. These classrooms are:
- Peik Gym G55
- Peik Gym G65
Using system controls
1. Turning on the system
- Press the "laptop" button to turn on the system.
- A button will blink while the system warms up. Warm up will last up to three minutes.
2. Audio controls
- Audio controls correspond to any device that uses the audio cord from the instructor's panel.
- To mute audio, press the "audio mute" button.
- To mute audio and video, press the "video mute" button.
- To unmute, press the button again.
4. Auto shutdown
- The system will automatically shut down after four hours without a system selection.
- To ensure the automatic shutdown feature does not interrupt your class, press the "laptop" button at the start of class.
5. Turning off the system
- To turn off the system, press the system off button. The system will require up to three minutes to turn off.
- If you plan to use the system again during class, use "video mute" instead of turning off the system.
Connecting a laptop
- Cables are kept in the drawer of the instructor station. Connect the VGA cable to the laptop. Use the adapter to connect to a Mini DisplayPort. If your device does not have a VGA port or a Mini DisplayPort, you will need to provide an adapter to project material.
- To project audio through system speakers, connect the audio cord into the headphone jack of your laptop.
- Press the "Laptop" button on the control panel. When the button stops blinking, start the laptop.
If the laptop image does not appear, activate the computer's external display.
- To activate external display on an Apple computer, open "System Preferences," click "Displays," then click "Detect Displays."
- To activate external display on a Windows computer, press and hold the Function (Fn) key while pressing the secondary key appropriate to your computer:
- Acer or Aspire: Fn+F5
- Asus eee mini: Fn+F8
- Dell: Fn+F8
- Gateway: Fn+F3
- HP or Compaq: Fn+F4
- HP Mini: Fn+F2
- Lenovo (IBM): Fn+F7
- Sony Vaio: Fn+F7
- Toshiba: Fn+F5
If you experience problems using the laptop projection cart, call the Classroom Support Hotline at 612-625-1086 or email email@example.com.